#BookReview: The Kingmaker by Kennedy Ryan

Blurb
-"I'd do anything to keep her."

Power. Passion. Betrayal.

Rita Award-winning author Kennedy Ryan delivers the epic first installment of the All the King's Men Duet.

Raised to rule, bred to lead and weaned on a diet of ruthless ambition.

In a world of haves and have nots, my family has it all, and I want nothing to do with it.

My path takes me far from home and paints me as the black sheep. At odds with my father, I'm determined to build my own empire. I have rules, but Lennix Hunter is the exception to every one of them. From the moment we meet, something sparks between us. But my family stole from hers and my father is the man she hates most. I lied to have her, and will do anything to keep her. Though she tries to hate me, too, the inexorable pull between us will not be denied.

And neither will I.

My Review
The Kingmaker is part one of a duet telling the story of Lennix Moon Hunter and Maxim Kingsman Cane. This is the fourth book from this author that I have read, and my expectations were very high and I was not disappointed.
The story is engaging from start to finish and leaves you in on no doubt that Lennix and Maxim are meant for each other. Kennedy Ryan's writing style draws you in and makes you feel the emotions of her characters.

I enjoyed the glimpse into Native American cultural practices, some of which were so similar to the African culture. The author takes the pains to show the reader the Native American experience, which some readers might deem to be more detailed than necessary, but I understand why the author would have felt the need to shed that much light on it. 

The cliffhanger wasn't the one I expected, although I still think what I expected will happen in the concluding section.

If you like the TV series Scandal (The Fixer, to South African readers), then you'll love this.

I received an ARC of this book. My review is given voluntarily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SIGN UP: #CoverReveal - EXPECTING TY'S BABY by Empi Baryeh | @empibaryeh #WTMOreads