Meet Ogonna Moneke from The Governor's Wife by Amaka Azie | #CharacterInterview @AmakaAzie

Hello fans and readers!

I'm pleased to bring you this interview with Ogonna Moneke the heroine from The Governor’s Wife by Amaka Azie. I've been dying to sink my teeth into this book, since reading The Senator's Daughter.

Good day, Ogonna, and welcome to my blog. Please introduce yourself to my readers
I am Ogonna Moneke, the founder of Soaring Eagles, a charity supporting victims and survivors of domestic abuse. A survivor myself, I am devoted to making my safehouse a haven for women who have escaped the clutches of an abusive partner. I consider this my greatest achievement.

Tell me something people would be surprised to know about you: 
I have a phobia of spiders. I freeze up and become temporarily paralysed when a spider crosses my path. My boyfriend who loves animals and insects always teases me about it.



What’s your most valued possession: 
Soaring Eagles safehouse— A building donated by my man for the purpose of lodging victims of domestic abuse. Even if my charity expands and acquires more safehouses, this very one would always have a place in my heart.

Who is the love of your life: 
Philip Adamu—My boyfriend. We have known each other since we were teenagers. He is my first and only love and I’m glad that we eventually found our way back to each other after a horrible period of separation.

What frightens you most: 
Losing my confidence like I did during my marriage. I couldn’t recognise who I had become, and I never want to be in the position where I lose control of my self-worth again.

Most embarrassing moment: 
The night I walked in on my best friend, Lara, making out with her husband on the kitchen counter when I was their house guest. It was a few minutes after midnight and I was desperate for a snack. I thought everyone was asleep, so imagine my shock and embarrassment to find them half-dressed and going at it in the kitchen with total abandon. My mortification lasted for days.

What’s your greatest regret: 
Isolating myself and cutting off my best friend Lara during the dark times in my marriage. I’m glad she didn’t give up on me.

What’s your best gift: 
A painting of me resting on the back of a soaring Eagle given to me by my man. It has sentimental value because it represents my new-found freedom from the clutches of an abusive relationship.

What’s your favourite colour and flower: 
Silver.

Roses—something about the thorns on rose stems reminds me that life isn’t always perfect but can be beautiful if one focuses on the flower. Oh, here I am being deep again. *chuckles*

Which among these four can you give up for a year: Alcohol, sex, mobile phones or chocolates: 
Mobile phones. I avoid the internet and I prefer actually talking to people face-to-face than using gadgets. Sometimes, I forget my phone at home when out and about. It’s a habit that annoys my family, especially my brother Emeka who lives in Atlanta and has to communicate with me by phone. Oh, I can’t give up chocolates or sex. The two go well together.

Alcohol would be a close second, though. I’m not a big drinker. But I do enjoy the occasional red wine.

What qualities attracts you to a man? 
Loyalty. It’s very sexy to have absolute confidence in a man’s loyalty and devotion to his woman. I can’t stand dodgy cheats.

What character trait can you not stand? 
Violence. I believe dialogue can solve every problem and anyone who resorts to aggression to make a point is repulsive to me.

What character trait can you forgive: 
Tardiness. I am not always on time to events, so I can forgive someone who is late and apologetic about it.

Thanks so much for dropping by today, Ogonna. I wish you success in your cause and happiness with Philip.

Dear readers, don't forget to check out the blurb and excerpt below. If you want to know the full story about Ogonna and Philip, click on the buy links:







Title: The Governor’s Wife
Author: Amaka Azie


Newly separated Ogonna Moneke has come to Abuja to open a safe house for abused women. Luck is on her side when the perfect site falls into her lap...until she learns who owns it. The chances of Philip Adamu renting to her are slim to none. Why would he when she dropped her financially struggling college sweetheart like a hot potato to marry someone else?

Real estate tycoon Philip Adamu can’t believe his eyes when Ogonna struts into his office. Seven years earlier, the gold digger had kicked him to the curb to marry a wealthy politician. Now she needs him, more like needs his property. Vowing not to rent her so much as a dog house, Philip shows Ogonna the door. But can he resist the feelings he’s denied for so long when he sees her flirting with a rival developer?

Sparks fly the moment they meet again. But he’s engaged and she’s still hiding the dangerous secret to her marriage.

Can love and forgiveness overcome the lies and deceptions? 

Can they trust each other and the future they’d once dreamt of? 


BUY YOUR COPY


EXCERPT

As soon as he touched her, Philip realised he’d been lying to himself for the past seven years. Sharp shards of desire, hot and raw, cascaded all over his body, leaving him helpless. He wasn’t over her. Not yet. Maybe never.

The sensible thing would be to let her go immediately, remove his hands from her narrow waist and walk away. But sensible didn’t seem to be in his skill set anymore. Maybe never had been regarding Ogonna. Being this close to her, touching her, had scrambled his brain. All he could do was douse himself in her aura.

Slowly, he slid his palm from her waist, eyes fixated on hers. His hand glided up her back until it rested on the softness of her long graceful neck. With deliberate intent, he moved his thumb over the gentle angle between her ear and jaw. Deftly, he stroked the area with a light pressure and watched keenly for her response. Ogonna’s hot spot. Haunting memories of her whimpering restlessly against him when he touched her there filtered through his heated brain. Did it still turn her on?

Her breath hitched sharply. “Oooh,” she moaned. A primitive sound which caused his penis to throb, pushing against his unyielding black jeans. Apparently, it still did the trick—for both of them.

The knowledge stoked his arousal. Unable to resist, he lowered his eyes to her full parted lips...red, soft, tempting. God, he wanted to kiss her. Badly. A deep part of his subconscious rose up in protest. This was Ogonna, the woman who broke him by running off to marry someone else. He shouldn’t want to have anything to do with her, let alone kiss her. He needed to bring this madness to an end, turn and walk away.

But Philip remained rooted to the spot, deepening the pressure of his thumb instead, and then trailing it slowly across her full lower lip. Her tongue darted out, flickering lightly. A bold move. Unexpected.

His eyes swept to hers and he froze. They were wide as saucers, as if startled by her own boldness. It would have been easier for him to let her go if even an iota of repulsion or uncertainty registered in their dark depths. Instead, something primal flashed in her pupils. His breath trapped in his chest. Ogonna wanted him, too. The realisation sent a wave of need through him, weakening him.

Another soft moan came from her. His nostrils flared, and he let out a groan from deep within his throat. Almost roughly, he reached for her face, cradled it in both hands and brought his mouth down on hers.


AUTHOR BIO

Amaka Azie writes romance fiction set in tropical West Africa. She explores the beauty and intricacies of the continent in her sweet and sensual love stories.

Born and raised in Nigeria, West Africa, she developed a passion for reading at the age of twelve. Her interest in writing began in secondary school when she joined the press club. Her active imagination has captured the interests of many.

Her books showcase bold and exciting female and male main characters with compelling storylines

She was named one of the most influential authors under Forty by the Nigerian Writers Awards (NWA) for the year 2017.

Apart from getting lost in creating fascinating fictional characters, Amaka enjoys reading, painting and travelling with her family.

She lives in the United Kingdom with her husband and daughters where she also practices as a part-time family doctor.

Connect with Amaka

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SIGN UP: #CoverReveal - EXPECTING TY'S BABY by Empi Baryeh | @empibaryeh #WTMOreads