Chancing Faith Wins 3rd Place Ayi Kwei Armah Novel Award 2018 #ChancingFaith @empibaryeh

Hi folks!

First of all, let me wish my American friends and fans a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you all had a wonderful time with your loved ones. Over here, in Ghana, we don't have an official Thanksgiving, but we've certainly already got into the spirit of the Holidays.

I have some good news to share.

 Last night, Chancing Faith won third place (out of twenty-one entries) in the 'novel' category of the Ghana Association of Writers (GAW) Literary Awards 2018. The novel category of the awards is named after renowned Ghanaian author, Ayi Kwei Armah, who is known for The Beautyful Ones Are Not Yet Born.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am, not just for winning this award, but especially because a romance novel placed so high in a general fiction award.

While I have some general Women's Fiction in the works (more on that in due course), this award has affirmed my choice to focus more on the romance genre as a Ghanaian author. The recognition of romance fiction on an equal standing as general fiction is the icing on the cake, as far as I'm concerned.

Check out my Instagram post for a few more photos from last night.

mP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SIGN UP: #CoverReveal - EXPECTING TY'S BABY by Empi Baryeh | @empibaryeh #WTMOreads