#BookReview: Bound to Fate by Kiru Taye @kirutaye




I chose to read Bound to Fate (Bound series #1) by Kiru Taye since I read and enjoyed the sequel Bound to Ransom (#2). Since my normal preference would have been to start from book 1, I decided to rectify that.

Here's the Blurb

Lara Johnson is coping with the emotional scars of losing both parents in a tragic incident and facing the challenges of starting a new school. Getting involved in a relationship isn't on her priority list. Certainly not this illicit desire for a man, who demands the best from her, yet leaves her breathless in his presence. 

All Ike Thomas wants to do is to keep out of trouble and get through the one year internship required for his degree program. But trouble finds him, in the form of an intelligent and brave girl who turns his world upside down. Falling in love is forbidden. So why does it feel so right? 

A love like theirs cannot be denied. But catastrophe lies in wait and one night changes their lives forever. 

Bound to Fate is a story about surviving tragedy, forgiveness, and the overwhelming love that pulls through against the odds. 

Content warning: This book contains scenes that might be triggering for some readers. 


MY REVIEW


Bound to Fate starts out with a forbidden love between Lara Ike. Their attraction is instant and mutual, and their romance is sweet. I found myself rooting for Lara and Ike from the moment they met even when their relationship was forbidden. I couldn't wait to see how their innocent love progressed to a HEA.

As we all know, young love usually faces some challenges, and this is no different. Lara and Ike are in different spaces in their lives; being together would come at a cost that may be too high to pay. The blurb says one night changes everything, but it is more like a series of events that culminate in one big catastrophe.

Luckily for us, they meet again when five years of life has happened to both, but their attraction hasn't waned. However, they need to address those series of events from their past and the emotional scars they've acquired.

Ms Taye did a great job demonstrating the purity of young love, the foolishness of youth and the consequences of everyday decisions. The characters were diverse and well-rounded and carried the story from beginning to end. I cared about Ike and Lara and found my heart squeezing and melting in several places. I couldn't wait to experience their healing with them. This story is simple and yet complicated, and I thorough enjoyed the read. It reminded me why I love sweet romance. 

(Check out my review of Bound to Ransom)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SIGN UP: #CoverReveal - EXPECTING TY'S BABY by Empi Baryeh | @empibaryeh #WTMOreads