Prah, Constantine and Baryeh Reviews: Hot Pursuit by Lynn Raye Harris


We're at it again! Last month we read Hot Pursuit, a romantic suspense by Lynn Raye HarrisIt had been a while since I read romantic suspense, so I was eager to read this when it came up for a vote. I totally used my veto powers (insert evil laugh here). Okay, I didn't really veto but I asked very nicely.

Okay, enough rambling. Let's get on with this review.




Here's the Blurb:
He took her innocence. He broke her heart. He's the only one who can save her life...

Ten years ago Army Captain Matt Girard did something he shouldn’t. His best friend offered him her virginity--and he took it. Then he left town and he’s never looked back. Until now.

Matt still makes Evie Baker’s heart pound, but she wants nothing to do with him--especially since he’s only home for a short visit. She’s had enough of men who lie and promise things they don’t deliver. But when her sister goes missing and her ex-boyfriend turns up dead, she’s in desperate need of Matt’s military black ops skills to save the day.With time running out, Matt puts everything on the line--his career, his future, his heart. Even if it means sacrificing all he’s worked for, he won’t let Evie down this time. Because sometimes the reward is worth the price--especially when it’s the one woman he’s never been able to forget…

My Impressions
So this story is basically about a girl who dated the wrong guy. Unfortunately for her, it turns out he's involved in some dangerous stuff and now there are some bad people after her. If I say more, I'd be giving away spoilers, so let's talk about what I liked

There are quite a few things I like about this story. First off, I tend to like when there is a history between the hero and heroine - and in this case it dates back to when the heroine was six! I also like strong heroines, and although Evie keeps reminding us she's only a chef, she's too headstrong to be a damsel in distress. I almost whooped when she rescued the hero. Twice!

Speaking of the hero, Matt is HOT (oh trust me, this is a good one, but you'll have to read the story to find out) and feeling guilty about being a jerk to our heroine ten years before. It's not the kind of whitewashed jerkness you often get in romance where he feels guilty about something he really shouldn't feel guilty about. Yeah, he was a real jerk!

But he more than makes up for that by putting his job and life on the line to save the day when Evie's sister goes missing.

I enjoyed the friendship and passion between them. The sex scenes were just the right length and packed a lot of sizzles. I enjoyed Lynn Raye Harris' writing. I would recommend this book. I would definitely be checking out book 2. 

As always, don't forget to head over to read reviews by Prah and Constantine.



Comments

  1. We are in complete agreement with this one. It's as if you read my mind when you wrote your review. By the way I already purchased Book 2 - (There are nine of those bad boys).

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three of you enjoyed this book. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SIGN UP: #CoverReveal - EXPECTING TY'S BABY by Empi Baryeh | @empibaryeh #WTMOreads