We’re ringing in the New Year with lots of giveaways! And by sharing some fun and wacky facts about ourselves. There’s a new giveaway at each stop so be sure to visit them all!
I've been out of circulation for a while, so I figured this hop would be good way to re-introduce myself to readers and colleague authors.
So here are a few quirky (hopefully interesting) things about me:
- I'm a linear reader and writer. This means if I'm reading a series, I must read in chronological order from book 1. I also find it very disconcerting when it turns out the events in book 2 happen before those in book 1.
- I used to collect condoms in Secondary School (that's High School to the Americans). I'm sure some of you are thinking 'what, stamps weren't interesting enough?' The answer is yes. Stamps were common, and at that age, I was all about standing out. I stopped after discovering my young (and very sexually active) uncle who lived with us had discovered my stash.
- I can go weeks and months without eating chocolate. Yea, I know a few friends who might disown me after reading this, but that's the truth. You can't bribe me with chocolate!
- I can handle a snake (in theory), but I'll scream and hide at the sight of mouse.
- My favourite word in English is 'moment'. There's just something about the way it sounds and what is means (like life is a series of moments) that makes it beautiful and significant. Hmm, I wonder if I can write a story without using the word moment (challenge under consideration).
- My least favourite fruits are oranges and pineapples, because they are so much work to peel before eating!
- My all time favourite, can-pretty-much-do-no-wrong musical band is called Michael Learns to Rock. Listen to them, and you'll know what I mean.
- I like doing random google maps searches to see (at street level) where my friends live, or where a specific shop is or a popular mall I've never visited . Sounds a little stalker-y, I know, but so much fun.
The holidays are expensive and if you have a big family like me (extended family included in the count) then you're running low on cash, so I'm giving away a $10 gift card to help you fund some of your obsessions (reading, I hope). All you have to do is enter the rafflecopter below and check back in on the 16th:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Winners will be announced on 16 January.
Don't forget hop over to the other participating blogs for more chances of winning: